What to Expect
Sunday Morning Worship Services
Join us for in-person and online worship each Sunday at 9 am and 11 am. Curious what to expect when you join us for worship?
- Our services are generally about 1 hour long.
- The Sacrament of Communion is held the first Sunday of each month. You can learn more about Communion and Baptism at Chapel Hill here.
- We have two parking lots: one off of Oakland Dr. and one off of Romence Rd. The Oakland Dr. parking lot is closest to our main entry doors and our accessible entry doors, but both parking lots and all entry doors will be open.
- Dress in whatever makes you most comfortable. Some folks come in their Sunday best, some folks feel more comfortable in shorts and T-shirts. The choice is yours!
- Portage Chapel Hill is a church which values the presence of children in all spaces. So, while we have opportunities for kids outside the Sanctuary during worship, kids are also welcome to stay in the Sanctuary during the service. Crying babies and chatty youngsters are all welcome!
- We encourage visitors to make themselves known to either Pastor Barry or Pastor Jess, but if you’d rather stay anonymous while you check us out, that’s ok too! There are a variety of greeters and church staff members who are always available to answer questions.
Children are more than welcome here!
- Nursery for infants and toddlers is available from 8:45 am – 12:15 pm each Sunday.
- There are several opportunities for young kids during worship, both in the Sanctuary and in their own spaces. Find out more on our Children’s Ministry page.
If you have questions about our Sunday services, please contact the office at (269) 327-6643 or email [email protected].